There are 8 lessons in this course:
• Writing Themes, Sentence Structure, Summary Skills, Theme Development (eg. Deductive, Inductive, Classic, Chronological, Descriptive, Analogy, Cause & Effect, Classification, Definition Analysis, Comparison & Contrast, Flashback etc)
2. Writing a Regular Column
• Newsletters, News Columns, Criticism Journalism (eg Theatre Critics, Book Reviews, Film Reviews, etc)
3. Educational Writing
• Interviewing Skills, Illustrating an article, Putting it all together
4. Scientific Writing
• Technical Writing, Statistics
5. Writing a Biographical Story
• Developing a draft plan, Research, Writing the final manuscript
6. Writing a News Article
• Analysing a news article; writing and illustrating a sporting event
7. Fiction Writing
• Category Writing; Mainstream Writing; Characteristics of good fiction (ie. A strong plot;. A hero or heroine; Obvious motivation; Plenty of action; A colourful background), Forming and developing an idea.
8. Other Writing
• TV & Radio Scripts, Science Fiction, Conducting a Survey; Developing a Story.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.