For the outgoing personalities - work anywhere in the world!
Do you have an outgoing personality? Are you dedicated, committed and flexible? Bar staff are employed in restaurants and bars all over the world. This is a great way to travel the world.
- Learn the skills and knowledge you need to work anywhere in the world.
- Gain great employment skills.
- Study at home in your own time and pace.
- Start your own bar.
This course provides foundation knowledge for those attending a bar or working as a drinks waiter or waitress. In this course you will:
- become familiar with alcoholic drinks such as wine, spirits, beers and cocktails
- learn how to make non-alcoholic drinks including cappucinos, chai lattes and other speciality teas
- learn how to provide quality service to bar customers
- mix a range of cocktails and other drinks and
- learn the fundamentals of wine appreciation.
If you are doing the course full time you can complete it in 6 weeks, if you are studying part time then it will take 3-6 months on average to complete the course. Your course will expire after 1 year.You can start the course at any time as it is a self-paced online course.
There are 7 lessons in this course:
• Industry orientation
• Bar equipment and layout, etc.
2. Alcoholic Product orientation
• Become familiar with the range of alcoholic products found commonly in a bar including spirits, beer and wine.
3. Non Alcoholic Drinks
• Become familiar with the range of non-alcoholic drinks that can be found at a bar; different coffee and tea types.
4. Service Procedures
• Dealing with customers
• Food handling
• Tray service
• Accounts, etc.
• Learn the service procedures for a range of situations from an a la Carte restaurant to a bar and grill.
5. Mixing Drinks
• Develop an ability to mix a range of cocktails and other drinks in a bar.
• Learn the art of flairing and how to make a Tequila Sunrise.
6. Wine Appreciation
• Understanding and appreciation of different wines.
• Learn which wines go best with seafood, meat and cheese platters.
7. Establishing a Bar Service
• Consolidate skills so far developed to establish or improve the management of a bar service
We have payment plans avaliable
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed course brochure with course outlines for all the modules.