The course is designed to develop your skills in Tourism Planning and Management.
The tourism industry encompasses the provision of all those services used by people when travelling away from home, including booking services, transport, accommodation, tourist retail outlets and attractions.
Worldwide millions of people are employed in the tourism industry – from coach drivers to travel agents to hotel concierges, as well as all the other hundreds of occupations that cater for tourists and travellers.
Tourists travel to almost every country in the globe, looking for adventure, recreation and entertainment. They seek both new and familiar experiences, both close to home and far abroad. Some travel independently, others in organised groups. Some look for security, others prefer their travel spiced with excitement and danger.
This course provides a foundation for further learning in any or all of these areas, whether on the job or through formal studies.
If you are doing the course full time you can complete it in 6 weeks, if you are studying part time then it will take 3-6 months on average to complete the course. Your course will expire after 1 year. You can start the course at any time as it is a self-paced online course.
There are 10 lessons in this course:
1. Travel Industry Overview/Introduction
• Holiday travel, Business travel, Resources, Components of travel (Accommodation, Transport, Food, Luggage/what to take, Health, Money, etc)
• Local, State, Interstate, International; health before departure.
3. Money, Insurance & Legalities
• Credit cards, traveller's cheques, exchange rates, International driving, quarantine laws, Islamic law, political concerns, tariffs, duty free, departure taxes etc.
4. Transport - Airline reservations
• International Air Transport Assn, Aircraft types, Flight information, transfers, time zones, passports, visas, baggage, travelling with animals, making a reservation, etc.
5. Transport - Car Rental
• Types of hire cars, reading manuals, different road rules, making reservations, cost structures, etc
6. Transport -Other, boat (ferries, cruising), bus, rail etc
• Camping, Caravans, Tents, B & B's & Guesthouses, Hotels, Youth Hostels, Resorts, etc
8. Package Tours
9. Travel Agency Systems
• Ethics, Tourist organisations, Client records and accounts procedures, etc.
10. Special Project -planning a trip
We have payment plans avaliable
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed course brochure with course outlines for all the modules.