Terms Of Enrolment
A binding agreement shall arise between you and "Education and Training Academy", which shall be governed by Australian law, when you accept the Terms and Conditions by
• Signing and returning the original copy of the Application of Enrolment Form
• Making your first course payment when enrolling online
Courses, course notes and materials are not to be sold, loaned, copied, or used in any way outside of the pursuit of studying the course by the person who is enrolled in the course, unless permission is sought and granted in writing by the School.
Once enrolment has been accepted, the course fees are due for payment according to the level of study, as detailed below:
• 100hour Course: Full course fees are due once enrolment has been accepted and before course materials are delivered. Payment plans are available for these courses. Your enrolment will expire in 1 year unless extension has been granted.
• Certificates: These are approximately 12 month courses. The full courses fees are due once enrolment have been accepted and before course materials are delivered. Payment plans are available for these courses. Your enrolment will expire in 2 years unless extension has been granted.
• Advanced Certificates & Associate Diplomas: These are approximately 18-24 month courses. The first year of the course fees are due once enrolment has been accepted and before course materials are delivered. Payment plans are available for these courses. The second year of enrolment will commence automatically at the beginning of the second calendar year after enrolment, and when both the first year fees are paid in full and the first year of the course has been successfully completed. Your enrolment will expire in 2 years unless extension has been granted.
• Diplomas: These are approximately 24-36 month courses. The first year of the course fees are due once enrolment has been accepted and before course materials are delivered. Payment plans are available for these courses. The second year of enrolment will commence automatically at the beginning of the second calendar year after enrolment, and when both the first year fees are paid in full and the first year of the course has been successfully completed. The third year of enrolment will commence automatically at the beginning of the third calendar year after enrolment, and when both the second year fees are paid in full and the second year of the course has been successfully completed. Your enrolment will expire in 3 years unless an extension has been granted.
Course Delivery Information
Course material delivery times vary depending on the delivery method.
• Online: course material will be made available online within 24 hours of first payment.
• e-learning: course CD will be compiled and posted within 14 days of first payment. Postal times vary depending on client destination.
Payment Plan Policy
Recovery Costs: It is acknowledged that in the event of default in payment of an amount due to Education and Training Academy Australia will result in a $50 dishonour fee per offence. Repeated failure will result in referral of any resultant debt (inclusive of any accrued interest or other fees whatsoever incurred in accordance with these Conditions of Enrolment) for collection by a mercantile agent plus any additional collection costs incurred.
It is your responsibility to inform Education and Training Academy in writing of any corrections or changes to your personal details including name, address and phone numbers, payment options and banking details.
Notification of withdrawal from a course must be received in writing within 3 days of enrolment*, in order to qualify for a full refund (less postage, handling and administration costs – minimum AUD $50). No refund is available if withdrawal is sort after course commencement (i.e., course materials have been accessed by the student) and the total course cost or the total cost owing will be charged.
If you are granted a payment plan, you are liable for all payments even if you discontinue your study. Failure to remit payment may result in the debt being referred to a debt collection agency for recovery and legal action. Costs for this action will be incurred by the debtor and no future Time To Pay plans will be approved.
Every attempt is made to ensure all information from the school is accurate and that the student has attained the competencies taught in a course, at the point of their assessment. Beyond this point, the graduate is responsible to maintain their acquired competencies, and apply acquired knowledge and skills in a way which is appropriate to the unique characteristics of each application. This will release the school from any liability, action and claims of whatsoever nature in connection with, or arising from any such information instruction or advice, given by any student or ex-student, whether directions given during the course are followed or not
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. You should always check our website for the current and official version of this agreement
* Enrolment date is the date which the application for enrolment is received and accepted by the Education and Training Academy.
All our tutors are highly qualified and experienced in their fields.
We wish you all the best whether you are contemplating on further education for your career progression or self enhancement. If you need any help please contact us or use our free course counselling service.
When purchasing from Education and Training Academy Australia your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.128-bit SSL encryption is almost impossible to break, and is the industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact us at email@example.com Please look out for the padlock sign which indicates that the server is secure when enrolling.
LOTS OF SUPPORT!
Often the problem with online study is that you feel you are on your own, and have limited access to resources, to ask questions and obtain assignment feedback.
Education and Training Academy provides the highest level of support possible. Students can:
Email questions and quickly receive a email 7 days a week.
COURSES ARE CONTINUALLY UPDATED
We're always learning new things, from conferences, magazines and journals, internet searches, colleagues and of course student's assignments.
Staff at the school are continually researching and writing new books, magazine articles and video scripts
This gathered information is used to update course notes.
We offer you more up to date information than you are likely to get from many other schools.
We encourage feedback from students through newsletter questionaires, and contact with tutors.
WHAT YOU GET AS A STUDENT
All necessary course notes and required reading materials
Careers and business advice
Access to the 'students only' website that includes a chatroom, forums, student directory, assignment submissions and more
NOTE: Your course is a comprehensive learning program
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How does online study work?
A. The way the program works is that you will have access to all the course materials online. Once you enrol you will be assigned with a tutor. You will have an assignment at the end of each lesson and you will have to complete the assignment and email it to your tutor for marking. The tutor will mark it with comments and feedback and make sure it is satisfactorily complete and send it back to you. This way the tutor will be able to monitor your progress throughout the course and guide you through it. At the end of the course you will have an exam which is also done via distance. Lot of students find that they have more personal tutor contact this way than a classroom based course where you feel inhibited to ask questions.
Q. If I do a shorter course first can I get credits towards a certificate or diploma later?
A. Yes. We will assess previous studies to give you appropriate credits. Doing it this way will probably take a little longer and cost more in fees though.
Q. When can I start my course?
A. Anytime of the year
Q. Can I pay in instalments?
A. Yes,You can pay in monthly instalments , some administration fees will apply. For more details Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. What happens if I have to stop studying for a while?
(eg. Get sick, go on holidays, have a baby).
A. Apply for an extension. It's ok to take a break and start up your study at a later point in time. Just let us know.
Q. Do I need any extra books?
A. You are supplied with all "essential" references. Extra books are always useful though, especially for special projects. Tutors will advise you what to buy if you decide you would like to get any extra books.
Q. How do I contact my tutor?
A. Write, Email or phone the school. Leave a message if your tutor isn't available and they will phone, write or fax back; whatever suits you.
Q. How long does a shorter course (ie. 80-120hrs) take to complete?
A. Commonly no more than one year. Some students finish in less than 6 months.
Q. How long does a certificate take to complete?
A. Commonly around 6-9 months, if studying full time; or around two years if studying part time. With dedication, part time students can complete a certificate in one year.
Q. Do you offer Degrees?
A. Courses are written to and delivered at a standard that is equal to or higher than degrees offered by some institutions; however, being largely applied or vocationally oriented studies, these cannot be called degrees. Our diploma graduates however have been highly competitive with degree graduates in the workplace.
Q. How does recognition of the school compare with other colleges?
A. We are internationally recognised by the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC). In addition, in many respects we are more widely recognised, due to the fact that we have been established and trained students for so long, through all states, and many overseas countries. (Most other colleges tend to operate only in one state or region, and may be poorly recognised outside that area). Close involvement with industry has seen many employers sponsor staff through our courses, and many graduates develop strong careers as leaders in their respective industries.
Q. How can I get insurance to start working as a consultant in the nutrition, fitness, complementary medicine industries?
A. We are an approved training provider of the International Institute for complementary therapists. You can get Professional Indemnity covers and General Public Liability covers through OAMPS. To see more details on this please Click here
Q. How do your diplomas compare with other Australian colleges, such as TAFE?
A. In the past, accredited diplomas involved well over 2000 hours of study, however, under the governments new Australian Qualifications Framework, many TAFE diplomas can be completed in much less time. We believe that the time you spend studying is important to the quality and long term recognition of a qualification. As such, we are maintaining old standards and distinguishing our graduates from those undertaking diplomas in this new system. Short qualifications from other Colleges may in the long term prove meaningless.
Q. How do I do workshops if I reside outside Australia?
A. If your course requires attendance at workshops; alternative arrangements can be made in your country; however there may be additional expense. We can appoint an appropriately qualified person anywhere to work through curriculum documentation supplied by us, to satisfy the requirements set down in a course.
Q. How is Practical Work Done
A. A lot of people find it hard to understand how a distance education course can be anything more than reading and answering questions. Some are, and if that’s you’re your experience with distance education in the past; this is unfortunate. In reality, distance education has a great deal of flexibility and today can be more practical and relevant to real life than classroom education.
There are a few things to consider:
- New technologies (internet, video, digital photography, cheaper & mobile telecommunications etc) make it possible to overcome many of the isolation and communication problems that used to exist with distance education.
- Funding pressures that have often resulted in a decrease in quantity and quality of practical components in traditional classroom education.
- People today are better networked than ever; and more exposed to visual images than ever (eg. In the past, if someone was studying an animal they had never before seen, the options to see an image of that animal would be virtually nil, unless supplied by their teacher in the classroom. Today people are bombarded by images of virtually everything they could imagine through cable TV, U Tube, web sites, magazines …etc
- Be aware that no course will ever teach you everything! Wherever you study, your course should lay a foundation and framework for you to build on. It should open up opportunities for further learning –to further develop your practical skills, problem solving skills, knowledge, networking, communication abilities etc, within your field of study. Some courses focus heavily on the information; some on assessment more than learning, others focus heavier on the problem solving, and others perhaps on the practical, etc.
- No course can have it’s emphasis on everything; because to emphasise one thing is to de emphasise something else.
- Our courses are “experiential” learning (ie. A concept in education that focuses on learning through experience). Over more than 2 decades, these courses have been developed using feedback and suggestions from both staff and students to create a variety of different ways of building all sorts of learning experiences into the courses. Some are integral and compulsory experiences within a course; others are optional facilities (such as student interaction through the student room directory), which some students use, while others do not use.
- We get our students to do all sorts of hands on and observational tasks throughout courses.
Q. What level is a certificate?
A. We do not use levels on certificates.
Levels I, II, III etc are systems used for Competency Based Training in both Australia and the UK. (The levels also mean different things in different countries).
We operate with a more sophisticated system (experiential learning).
Eg. Level III for instance means you are competent to perform certain tasks under limited supervision.
Our certificate develops a foundation within the discipline that enables you to develop and grow your capacity to work and solve problems within the discipline. You learn through experience as you study; and the study sets you on a path that encourages ongoing learning through experience after graduation. Our graduates are better prepared to advance in their career, to work alone or with others, etc. This concept is more in keeping with some of the more cutting edge education systems around the world. This contrasts with the CBT system which was popular throughout the 1980's and perhaps 90's but is often criticised today by leading educators around the world.
We take this approach because it works better; and on all reports, our graduates are in fact very successful.